Do you read blogs and social media? Do you have a Facebook, LinkedIn, Insta, or Twitter?
If you haven’t and don’t, then stop reading. This blog will be lost on you – but please forward it to the younger attorneys that you know, okay? Thanks.
For those of you who do read blogs and engage in social media – you need to do it professionally. You. Need. To.
First of all, blogging is important for several reasons:
- Blogging helps your SEO (search engine optimization).
- It helps you develop your expertise in an area/niche industry and become a thought leader.
- Your blogs will provide added value to your clients and referral sources.
- Blogging and sharing your blogs will create opportunities for you to continually keep in touch with (read: keep you in front of) your clients.
- Creating this easy-to-read content on an easy-to-share platform, is a great way to share information on your social media pages (read more on how to do that below).
Social Media, what?
- So you have blogs on your website now – share them on your social media. It is the best way to engage people who wouldn’t normally find your blog, or even know you blog.
- Facebook and Instagram are a great way to share your humanitarian side. You repainted your office? Everyone happened to be wearing green today? You celebrated a birthday in the office? Share it on FB and Insta!
- LinkedIn is the best way to share your professional content – show your colleagues and referral sources how great you are and keep your firm and your experience top of mind by sharing your expertise.
- Oh, hey – that SEO. Social media will help with that too….
Blogging and social media are great ways to increase your online presence, and keep your name top-of-mind in a helpful and fun way!
If you need help setting up your blog content strategy, and maintaining your social media channels, let us know: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.