This year has been an amazing year for the meme community. People are funny. Memes are on point. From highlighting the toilet paper shortage to home school to work from home problems — I’ve been cracking up on the regular.
Posts on social media and articles have hinted that we should all be making 3-course meals worthy of Insta, perfecting our yoga poses, taking up a new hobby, or enrolling in professional certification courses with all of our extra time. But when it comes to actually juggling meal planning, grocery shopping, educating the kiddos, working from home, putting on pants for zoom meetings… it can all be a little overwhelming. Let’s get back to the basics. From burgers on the grill or PB&J to our tried-and-true workout to organizing your work day with post-its and calendar reminders, let’s be underwhelmed and recall the “precendented” times we were living in less then a year ago.
So when it comes to marketing, make it easy on yourself. Go back to the basics:
1. The 3 T’s of marketing – Time, Talent and Target.
- How much time can you allot to marketing? It’s probably changed since you drafted your 2020 marketing plan.
- What are you good at (your talent)? Do you love public speaking? Sign up for a webinar. Did you minor in journalism? Start blogging.
- Are you a social butterfly looking for any excuse for a Happy Hour Zoom? There are tons of networking events on LinkedIn and other platforms. Sign up!
2. What are your goals? Set tangible goals for the remainder of 2020 so you can hit that target. Hold yourself accountable or rally some co-workers (the real ones – not your dog sleeping on the rug behind you).
3. Nurture your relationships. You’ve undoubtedly reached out to your clients to make sure they are OK and to see what they need (because of course their needs of changed). But, you may have forgotten about your referral sources. Keep a list of your referral sources and make sure you keep in touch. Set calendar reminders to make sure you don’t forget.
If you need to talk these things through, a professional nudge, or someone to build the foundation for you – who you gonna call? (NOTE: Ghostbusters is an acceptable answer and you will receive partial credit. ESQuisite is the correct answer.)