Social media can be a great marketing tool for lawyers, but it is often not used in the right way. For example, your law firm’s website should be professional – 100%. Your firm’s social media should be professional and human, reinforcing your niche and unique brand. So, to help you, we offer these social media tips for lawyers.
Think About This
Important elements to remember when using social media are:
- Frequency of posting – at least once a week for professional posts. But don’t forget about charitable events, photos of you and your team getting involved in and out of the office as a team. And, of course, don’t forget holidays – even the non-majors like Mother’s Day! Can’t forget mom.
- Use a consistent voice. Every post should read with the same tone – one post shouldn’t sound like Shakespeare wrote it, followed by Dr. Suess, followed by Stephen King. Get it?
- Sharing the right message with the right audiences. Every post you put on LinkedIn is OK for Facebook, but every Facebook post may not be OK for LinkedIn. Also, you need to decide on the right mix of channels and content for your firm/industry focus. Your options may include Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram. Maybe even TikTok and Pinterest.
- Social Media has the word social in it. Engage with your connections and friends. Like their stuff. Comment on it. Share it with others who may find it interesting.
- Bonus Tip. If you have not set up your Google My Business page – do it. Google runs the internet. The Google My Business page functions sort of like other social media channels. You can post videos, link to blogs, and so forth.
Yep, lawyers are busy. However, the right social media mix and strategy can help you create awareness and revenue. So, work it into your daily routine. Even if it is just for 15 minutes per day. Regardless of how much time you can dedicate to social media, we do recommend this type of disciplined approach. Why? One, so you actually do it. And two, we all know that social media can be addictive and a time suck. So, value your time.
If you still do not have the time but understand the importance of social media – call us. We have tailored packages that will suit your needs. In the meantime, we are always here to answer questions or provide additional social media tips for lawyers.