I am so proud of so many lawyers and law firms! I have seen more lawyers actively engaging in legal marketing activities since we have been working from home and stepped away from face-to-face marketing.
The sheer number of webinars, interviews, articles, and blogs… the increase in your social media use – actively, “socially” engaging… from a distance. You are thriving in your marketing efforts in the age of #socialdistancing.
It’s as though quarantine has motivated you, more than your New Year’s resolution, more than a drastic change in your area of the law, or the launch of a new practice group.
While I commend you for putting the time in, please make sure you are taking the time to follow up on your legal marketing efforts. Don’t let the precious time you are putting in now go to waste. You are providing excellent advice to clients and potential clients to see them through this crazy challenging time.
Continue to be there – be a valuable resource:
- make introductions (via email is okay!) to people who should be in their network
- forward them your blog with info on how it pertains to their situation
- update your media list with the reporters you speak with, or want to be interviewed by
- add clients, prospective clients, referral sources and others you meet and want to meet to your CRM system
- don’t just send a “stay safe” message
Reach out to your clients – with more than a “when this crazy time is over…” email. Call them. Check in. Find out what’s going on. Don’t fish for business, be there. Talk to them – they can probably talk to you about things that they won’t discuss with their friends and family.
Let this be a time for all of us to be a little more human – maybe we can dull that icky lawyer stereotype!