I recently had the privilege of speaking to a group of attorneys about small law firm marketing. The title of my presentation was Top 10 Marketing Ideas a Small Law Firm Can Implement Today. This was particularly rewarding because it was our goal to work with these impressive attorneys when we launched ESQuisite Marketing earlier this year. We wanted, and have created, a platform where smaller law firms and individual lawyers can get top-notch, affordable, legal marketing services. Most importantly, from marketers who knows the legal industry, the marketplace, the nature of attorneys, and legal marketing ethical constraints.
Okay, enough grandstanding (LOL), let me get back to the presentation. I wanted each lawyer in the audience to leave with the ability to either improve upon a marketing activity and/or to try something new.
I covered the following ten topics:
- Cause Marketing
- Social Media
- Business Development
- Niche Practices
- The Attorney Bio
- Create Time To Market
My tips regarding the above do not require a large investment of money. In fact, most of the advice I gave can be done for free. Or, very little spend. Obviously, I cannot provide all the details of the presentation in a blog. However, I can give a tip for each area that I discussed.
- Promote your causes through press releases, on your website, and social media
- Put the social into social media by interacting with people for at least 15 minutes per day
- Optimize your blog posts so Google can find them
- Update your CRM
- Build and work your referral network
- Define your ideal client and fish where they swim
- Identify and build a niche practice
- Compare your bio to three competing attorneys and update it accordingly
- Find pockets of time for marketing – during your commute and over lunch are two examples
- Follow up, follow up, and follow up after giving a presentation!
In short, there are many small law firm marketing tactics that are inexpensive. This presentation and the feedback that I received from the attendees spawned a new idea.
Therefore, we are now offering a small firm marketing analysis. Basically, we review all of your marketing activities and give you a detailed report abut where you can improve. Contact me if you are interested.